Jun 15, 2009

Cracks in the Ice

Close-Up of Melting Ice Glistening in the Winter Sunshine

Buy at AllPosters.com


There was a new update from Karen Bishop last evening. This one particularly resonated for me, as did the book excerpt she sent out in her email.

DISCONNECTED

HAVE YOU EVER FELT somehow left out? As if you were perhaps on an island by yourself? Or maybe that things were moving along energetically, and then they suddenly stopped? Have you ever tried to move forward, and been stopped abruptly by some unseen force that simply will not let a thing manifest for you? During this time, have you felt very unsupported?

There comes a time with the ascension process when we are basically disconnected. The energy that brings in the higher vibrations and this energy that we usually connect to in order to create and move forward, feels simply absent. There are several reasons for this. Basically, it is absent. And when these phases occur, they can be quite uncomfortable as they make us feel powerless. And powerlessness is one of the most lower vibrational states we can be in.

We can feel disconnected when the energies are re-adjusting. This is a regular pattern with the ascension process. We go through a period of great movement, and then... nothing but stop sign energy. This period of disconnection occurs because much is being re-aligned and readied for the next stage of movement. At higher levels and at the lower physical levels as well, things are being moved into place for our arrival. It is as if a bed is being made for us to lie in.

In the runes, this current energy would be Isa, or ice. This is the rune Ralph Blum defines as "Standstill." I always hated drawing this rune, in a reading. Patience isn't a natural virtue for me... but I'm learning. From Blum's Rune Cards.

Positive accomplishment is unlikely now. There is a freeze on useful activity; all your plans are on hold. You may be experiencing an unaccustomed drain on your energy and wonder why: a chill wind is reaching you over the ice floes of old outmoded habits. Holding on can result in shallowness of feeling, a sense of being out of touch with life. Seek to discover what you are holding on to that perpetuates this condition, and let it go. Shed, release, cleanse away the old. Doing so will bring on the thaw.

Usually Isa requires a sacrifice of the personal. At such a time you cannot hope to rely on help or friendly support. There is, however, no reason for anxiety. Submit and be still, for what you are experiencing is not necessarily the result of your actions or even your habits, but rather arises from conditions about which you can do nothing. What has been full must be empty; what has increased must decrease. This is the way of Heaven and Earth. To surrender is to display courage and wisdom.

So, it's a difficult energy. Although, I'm finding as I move through this process of ascension, or whatever we choose to label this process, it's getting easier to absorb these phases. In fact the biggest problem I've been having is caring about any of it. I feel thoroughly unmotivated, which takes some of the discomfort out of the stuckness. For months now, I just can't seem to get truly worked up about anything, and it' s not for lack of stressors. And, I have no real urge to do anything. It's like with this blog. I see news items and I think, "Hey, that's kind of interesting. I should blog that... Eh, what're you gonna do. Yawn."

But, this endless winter of discontent may be starting to thaw. I saw some things in meditation towards the end of last week -- I'd describe them if I could -- that indicated to me that things are about to kick into high gear. And, it would appear, Karen Bishop concurs.

This past Thursday (June 11), as I prepared for bed, my star companion showed up with a message. I had just shown my property for sale that day, and assumed he would be pointing out some things that I needed to be aware of, or perhaps that would be helpful in regard to the day’s occurrences, as this was his usual pattern…always helpful is assisting me in any way possible. But this time, I was in for a surprise.

Instead, he stated emphatically that there would be a turn of events that would change everything for me, and it was just around the corner. What exactly did that mean? I had been seeing this same scenario for several weeks and even months for all of us, but never heard this directly from him. And when he tells me something, he is never wrong. He was telling me this himself now, because it was now finally time to go.

. . .

At this point in our journey, many of us have let go of much of everything (whether intentionally or not)…jobs, individuals, relationships, sources of income, future plans, and literally, pretty much everything. This is because we cannot go across the border with all our suitcases. We are starting very new. Remember? This us what we have wanted and have been complaining about not happening for quite some time.

Because there is nothing much left for many of us, we may be feeling very empty right about now. We may perhaps feel exhausted, tired, un-plugged from our Source or even from ourselves, and just feel like we are hanging out there in mid-air, floating from here to there with no sense of direction and not much to keep us going. Because we have let everything go, and are preparing to start very new with a very clean slate, we may indeed not even know what that “very new” will even look like!

Right now, all this movement just sounds exhausting. I hope the apathy and fatigue lift, along with the standstill energy.

I should add that another shoe, or two, may drop in terms of the global situation. There may be another lurch, in terms of the economy. I can't be more specific. Right now it's just a feeling of a kind of tension bubble rising in the collective unconscious. We shall see.

No comments: